TRACEABILITY: THE CLASSIC SILK SHIRT
This year, we’ve started a partnership with TrusTrace to use groundbreaking blockchain technology that supports the transparency of our garments. We’re starting with 10 pieces that now have full traceability – aiming to increase this number with each season.
Meet the Classic Silk Shirt: in silk crepe de Chine, it’s been in our collections since 2015. Not only is it luxurious and elegant, it is also a natural and biodegradable fibre that is durable and a renewable resource.
Follow the journey of this Filippa K favourite: our team has visited each location and works closely with them to create garments you can wear and love for years.
STEP ONE: RAW SILK SUPPLIER – SICHUAN TIAN HONG SILK
This is where the silk comes from in its rawest form, just after the silkworms work their magic.
– Certified materials free from harmful substances in environmentally-friendly, safe, and socially responsible facilities
– The first raw silk producer to use 100% natural products with organic certification
STEP TWO: FABRIC MILL – BONUS HIGH FASHION GROUP
The fabric mill is where the silk becomes a roll of fabric through a meticulous process of spinning, weaving, dyeing, and finishing.
– Certified for environmentally friendly and socially responsible textile production facilities
– Green systems recycle 2000 tonnes of water per day, while reducing pollutants and emissions (the equivalent of planting 40,000 trees!)
STEP THREE: GARMENT FACTORY – XU MING
The factory receives fabric from the mill and the garment design from Filippa K, ensuring perfection down to the final stitch.
– QuizRR Platinum certified for educating full taskforce on their rights and responsibilities
– Conducts business with the values of quality and credibility